Peaks-N-Valleys Event Co. Race Policies
(ie. Not the fun stuff, but the necessary stuff!)
Age Restrictions: Our race registration age policy requires that as of race day, registered participants of:
- Half Marathon or greater distance (>21km) must be 16yrs or older;
- 10km distance must be 13yrs or older to compete on their own.
- 5km distance must be 8 years or older to compete.
Any participant under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a guardian and all participants under the age of 18 must have guardian approval.
This policy follows international standards, has been informed by our external medical advisers, and is in place for the safety of participants. Parents/guardians are urged to ensure that young runners have the training and pace judgement needed to complete the event comfortably and safely. Event organizers reserve the right to require proof of age.
2. Prohibited Items: The use of strollers, bicycles, inline skates, pets, and elite pacing are prohibited. The right to disqualify runners who fail to comply with these regulations is at the sole discretion of Peaks-N-Valleys Event Co.
3. Music/listening devices: Music devices are permitted but are used at your own risk. For all participants safety, these devices must be kept at a low enough volume to be aware of your surroundings including other runners. It should be noted that events are held in areas that wild animals may frequent (ie bears, cougars, deer etc). If a runner puts themselves or others at risk through an unsafe act that event officials determine was caused, directly or indirectly, through the use of these devices, the runner may be disqualified.
*Please note: all fees are in Canadian dollars.
B) REFUND POLICY
Entries are non-refundable and there will be no race-day entries. If you cannot race we do allow transfer to another runner at the cost of $10. Please email us or use the transfer option within your Race Roster Account.
C) DEFERRAL, TRANSFER & CANCELLATION
Up to 30 days before race day you can receive a 100% deferral* of race fees towards the following year’s race, or transfer your spot to another runner as indicated below.
* Deferrals are only applicable for the following year’s race. Entries can only be deferred a single time, to a single event.
In the event of cancellation of the event for reasons including, but not limited to, weather, forest fires, wildlife, acts of nature, war, strikes, Covid-19 Public Health Orders, or other circumstances, all entries will be automatically deferred to the same event in the following year.
Transfers – Transfers may be completed up to one week prior to the run. Transfers can be completed online through Race Roster at a cost of $10. It is imperative that you either formally complete the transfer online or ensure that you notify us in advance if you wish to transfer your registration to someone else. In the event of an accident or medical emergency it is imperative that we have the correct racer information for each participant. Incorrect information can have serious consequences. It is also important to have correct racer information to ensure accurate race results and that deserving winners receive the recognition they earn.
If you are unable to run, you may pick up your race package (if you registered prior to deadline), at the announced race package pickup dates, times and locations specific to each event.
Note: there will be no post-race package pickup.
Jump down in distance – You may select to move your registration to a lower race distance up to one week prior to race day. This change can be made online through your confirmation email. Click “edit profile” and go through the changes and saving steps.
Jump up in distance – You will pay the difference in fee as at the time you registered. Upgrades can be made online through your confirmation email. Click edit profile and go through the changes, saving steps and making payment.
D) COURSE RULES
- Participants must stay within course boundaries, as designated by officials, course marshals, traffic cones, traffic management personnel, barriers, and all other markings, at all times. Failure to do so may result in disqualification and ineligibility for future events.
- Participant bib numbers must be fully visible at all times on the front of the body.
- Participants are advised that anyone not officially registered for the run may not join them in the run. Any runners not officially registered for the run may be asked to leave the course at any point.
- In any event where a course is not officially closed (ie open to the public) discretion should be used accordingly to respect all users of the trails.
Peaks-N-Valleys Event Co. reserves the right to disqualify any individual from a Peaks-N-Valleys event. Disqualification may be based on, but is not limited to, all race policies; unsportsmanlike conduct; competing with an unofficial bib number; competing with an official bib number assigned to another person; being paced during the race by a person not entered in the race; accepting assistance from non-race participants; crossing the finish line without having completed the entire course; and providing false information on the race entry form. Individuals disqualified from a race will be removed from the race results and may be banned from participating in future events.