Peaks-N-Valleys Event Co. Race Policies
(ie. Not the fun stuff, but the necessary stuff!)
Age Restrictions: Our race registration age policy requires that as of race day, registered participants of:
- Half Marathon distance must be 16yrs or older;
- 10km distance must be 13yrs or older to compete on their own.
Any participant under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a guardian and all participants under the age of 18 must have guardian approval.
This policy follows international standards, has been informed by our external medical advisers, and is in place for the safety of participants. Parents/guardians are urged to ensure that young runners have the training and pace judgement needed to complete the event comfortably and safely. Event organizers reserve the right to require proof of age.
2. Prohibited Items: The use of strollers, bicycles, inline skates, pets, and elite pacing are prohibited. The right to disqualify runners who fail to comply with these regulations is at the sole discretion of Peaks-N-Valleys Event Co.
3. Music/listening devices: Music devices are permitted but are used at your own risk. For all participants safety, these devices must be kept at a low enough volume to be aware of your surroundings including other runners. It should be noted that events are held in areas that wild animals may frequent (ie bears, cougars, deer etc). If a runner puts themselves or others at risk through an unsafe act that event officials determine was caused, directly or indirectly, through the use of these devices, the runner may be disqualified.
B) REFUND POLICY
It is our policy that no refund of entry fees will be issued. You must pick up your race package at the stated package pick up time and place for each specific event.
ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. IF THE RACE IS POSTPONED OR CANCELLED FOR ANY REASON, ALL REGISTRATIONS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DEFERRED TO 2024.
Deferrals – Deferrals are not available, unless explicitly stated on the registration page of each specific race. You can downgrade to a shorter distance in the same event up to one week prior to race day. The postponement or cancellation of the race due to any unforeseen circumstance is the exception to this policy. In this instance, all registrations would be deferred to 2024.
Transfers – Transfers may be completed up to one week prior to the run. Transfers can be completed online through Race Roster. It is imperative that you either formally complete the transfer online or ensure that you notify us in advance if you wish to transfer your registration to someone else. In the event of an accident or medical emergency it is imperative that we have the correct racer information for each participant. Incorrect information can have serious consequences. It is also important to have correct racer information to ensure accurate race results and that deserving winners receive the recognition they earn.
If you are unable to run, you may pick up your race shirt (if you registered prior to deadline), at the announced race package pickup dates, times and locations specific to each event.
Note: there will be no post-race package pickup.
Jump down in distance – You may select to move your registration to a lower race distance up to one week prior to race day. This change can be made online through your confirmation email. Click “edit profile” and go through the changes and saving steps.
D) COURSE RULES
- Participants must stay within course boundaries, as designated by officials, course marshals, traffic cones, traffic management personnel, barriers, and other markings, at all times. Failure to do so may result in disqualification and ineligibility for future events.
- Participant bib numbers must be fully visible at all times on the front of the body.
- Participants are advised that anyone not officially registered for the run may not join them in the run.
- In any event where a course is not officially closed (ie open to the public) discretion should be used accordingly to respect all users of the trails.
Peaks-N-Valleys Event Co. reserves the right to disqualify any individual from a Peaks-N-Valleys event. Disqualification may be based on, but is not limited to, all race policies; unsportsmanlike conduct; competing with an unofficial bib number; competing with an official bib number assigned to another person; being paced during the race by a person not entered in the race; accepting assistance from non-race participants; crossing the finish line without having completed the entire course; and providing false information on the race entry form. Individuals disqualified from a race will be removed from the race results and may be banned from participating in future events.