Get off the road and hit the trails! This scenic loop course boasts a fast and flat gravel terrain and winding single-track sections. Set along the majestic Vedder River in Chilliwack, BC, this fantastic half marathon loop is characterized by the breathtaking backdrop of the Chilliwack River Valley and views of Vedder Mountain and the Cascade Mountain Range.
A local favourite, the Vedder Rotary Trail is sure to give road and trail runners of all ages and abilities a fun, yet challenging and uniquely rewarding off road trail experience.
The journey is filled with peaks and valleys. Find the beauty in both.
RUN WILD. RUN FREE. RUN BEYOND.
- Date: Sunday, Nov 17th, 2019
- Distances: 21km, 10km, 1km Kids Run
- Start times:
- 9:00am – 21km
- 9.30am – 10km
- 10.00am – Kids Fun Run
- Start/Finish: Vedder Bridge Green Space, Corner of Petawawa Road & Vedder Road, Chilliwack
- Registration closes November 10, 2019 at 11.59pm.
- There will be no race day registration.
- Registration includes the following:
- Souvenir finishing medal
- Souvenir t-shirt
- Race bib
- Individual timing
- Finish line beverage
- Participant insurance
- On-site first aid
- Safe, secure course with approved event permitting
Our friends at Garrison Running Co. will be offering half marathon and 10k running clinics starting September 10, 2019. Sign up for either the half or 10km distance and get $15 off your clinic registration! Click here to sign up and join the crew at Garrison Running today!
Clinic start date:
- September 10, 2019 for 10 weeks leading up to race
- Tuesday evenings – speed work
- Saturday morning – long runs
- Meet at Garrison Running Co., #2 – 45590 Market Way, Chilliwack, BC
- $60 – includes a team training race shirt (don’t forget to sign up for the race to receive $15 off your clinic registration.
- Click here to sign up and join the crew at Garrison Running today!
- Saturday, November 16 – 2-5pm Garrison Run Co.
- Sunday, November 17 – 7.30-8.30am Start/Finish Line
- Only the registered runner will be able to pick up their race package. Please bring ID with you. No exceptions.
In an effort to produce zero waste events, please note that there will be no bags given at package pick-up. You are welcome to bring one along with you.
Aid Stations: There will be five aid stations along the half marathon route and three along the 10K route. View maps for details.
Parking: Recommended parking for both participants and volunteers can be found at Vedder Park or UFV Parking Lot #7.
The Kids Race is 1km in length. Kids of all ages are invited to participate. It’s a non-competitive fun run for little feet. It’s not timed, but each participant will receive a finisher ribbon to take home.
Half Marathon Route
Starting at Vedder Park on the north side of the river, you will follow the Vedder Rotary Trail, through the Blue Heron Nature Reserve and out onto the river dyke trail, where spectacular farm land views and mountain vistas abound. Crossing the river at the Keith Wilson bridge takes you to the south side dyke and into the quaint riverside village of Yarrow. As you continue through single track woods along the river bank and Brown Creek Wetlands, you will come to green pastures and views of valley vineyards and Vedder Mountain. A short, but steep climb brings you back in view of Vedder Bridge and the finish line across the river.
A short loop around Vedder Park and then onto the Vedder Rotary Trail gets the 10K started. Running west along the river past Peach and Lickman parks, you will come to a small wooden bridge. Across the bridge you will loop back East on Peach Creek Trail. Where Peach Creek Trail meets at Lickman Road you will cross back to the main Vedder Trail. You will finish the route heading back to Vedder Park with stunning views into the Chilliwack River Valley and surrounding mountains.
Parking is available at UFV Parking Lot 7 and Vedder Park Parking Lot. See map for details.