Get off the road and hit the trails! This scenic loop course boasts a fast and flat gravel terrain and winding single-track sections. Set along the majestic Vedder River in Chilliwack, BC, this fantastic half marathon loop is characterized by the breathtaking backdrop of the Chilliwack River Valley and views of Vedder Mountain and the Cascade Mountain Range.
A local favourite, the Vedder Rotary Trail is sure to give road and trail runners of all ages and abilities a fun, yet challenging and uniquely rewarding off road trail experience.
Date: Saturday October 29, 2022
Distance: 21km | 10km | Kids Run
Our race takes place on the unceded traditional territory of the Stó:lō peoples. The Stó:lō have an intrinsic relationship to the land which they refer to as S’olh Temexw (Our Sacred Land); therefore we express our gratitude and respect for the honour of recreating within this territory.
Thanks for putting on such a great race once again, especially during these times. Well done!
What a beautiful day for a run!! My body was happy I only did the 10km, but it was amazing. Thanks to all the volunteers and staff who put this on. It was very safe as we all social distanced and there were no concerns.
This was really well organized, friendly, fun, and SAFE!! Thank you so much for figuring out such a great system. Side benefit for night owls like me was the afternoon start time!
It was a great day! Thank you so much for providing such a wonderful race with all the safety protocols in place. And the weather was PERFECT!
This was a fantastically well run, safe event, thank you so much for putting in all of the effort and giving us the opportunity to run! What a beautiful place to have a race and the volunteers were amazing!
- Date: Saturday October 29, 2022
- Distances: 21km, 10km, 1km Kids Run
- Start times: 21km – 9.00am, 10km 9.30am, Kids Run 9.45am
- Start/Finish area: Vedder Bridge Green Space, Corner of Petawawa Road & Vedder Road, Chilliwack.
- Registration will open spring 2022.
- There will be no race day registration.
- Registration includes the following:
- Souvenir finishing medal
- Souvenir t-shirt
- Race bib
- Individual timing
- Participant insurance
- Friday, October 28 – time TBA.
- Package pick-up at Garrison Running Co.- 45590 Market Way, Unit 2, Chilliwack
- Saturday October 29 – 7.45-8.45am.
- Race day package pick up will be available, but we ask that anyone local who is able to pick up their package on Friday – PLEASE DO SO.
- You must pick up your race package in person – identification is required. No one will be able to pick up your race package for you. NO EXCEPTIONS. Thanks for your understanding.
Aid Stations: There will be a total of three aid stations along the 21km route and one aid station for the 10k at the turnaround. Items at the aid stations will include water, packaged energy gels and/or other packaged energy snacks & treats, and first aid items.
- Recommended parking can be found at Vedder Park in the paved lot or the extension gravel lot on the West side of Vedder Park.
- Overflow parking is available at the UFV parking lot accessed from Vimy Avenue. NOTE: UFV parking is pay parking.
- Please allow yourself enough time to walk to the start line.
There will be a 1km Kids Fun Run starting at 9.45am. Kids will receive a race bib and souvenir medal. No registration is required.
Half Marathon Route
Starting at Vedder Park on the north side of the river, a pacer will lead you around approximately a 700m loop to the Vedder Rotary Trail. Once on the trail head you will travel north along the Vedder River through to the Blue Heron Nature Reserve and out onto the river dyke trail, where spectacular farm land views and mountain vistas abound. Crossing the river at the Keith Wilson bridge (via the cloverleaf underpasses) takes you to the south side dyke and into the quaint riverside village of Yarrow. As you continue through single track woods along the river bank and Brown Creek Wetlands, you will come to valley views across the river of Mt Cheam and the Cascade Mountain Range. A short, but steep climb brings you back in view of Vedder Bridge and the finish line across the river.
From Vedder Park, a pacer will lead you around the approximately 700m field loop and out onto the Vedder Rotary Trail. Running west along the river towards the 3k marker at Lickman Road, you will continue on the main Vedder trail through to the aid station after the wooden bridge at Peach Creek Trail. This is where the 10k and half marathon route split.
Volunteers will direct you back along the Peach Creek section of trail. You will cross back to the main Rotary Trail after Lickman Road (parking lot) for your return trip to Vedder Park. You will finish the route heading back with stunning views into the Chilliwack River Valley and surrounding mountains. At Vedder bridge, head off the trail to the left for the direct approach to the finish line.