Epic Course – 25km
This point to point adventure starts with a short jaunt on the road to thin out the pack, but then transitions to some of the most incredible single track around! Encompassing trails through the Community Forest, Gloria, Thurston and Elk Mountain descending into the Chilliwack River Valley, this is an epic journey with over 2000m of elevation! Who’s ready for an awesome, adrenaline pumping trail adventure?
Short Course – 5km and 1km Kids Run
There is also a short course option (5km) for all those runners looking to check out the trail running scene for the first time, or just looking for a shorter and faster route with less climbing!!
Don’t forget to bring the kids….they will love frolicking through the forest on our ~1km loop course!
Date: Saturday, July 8, 2023
Trail Distance: 25km | 5km | Kids Run 1km
Our races take place on the unceded traditional territory of the Stó:lō (Stah-lo) – People of the River – and in particular the Pelólhxw and Ts’elxwéyeqw tribes. The Stó:lō have an intrinsic relationship to the land, their ancestral home and spiritual realm, they refer to as S’olh Temexw (Our Sacred Land, Our world). As visitors on these lands, we express our immense gratitude and respect for the honour of recreating within this territory and acknowledge our responsibility to ensure the well-being of the lands, waters, lifeforces, and relationships held within.
2022 race photos:
The journey is filled with peaks and valleys. Find the beauty in both.
RUN WILD. RUN FREE. RUN BEYOND.
Date: Saturday July 8, 2023
Trail Distances: 25km, 5km, and a ~1km Kids Run
7.30am – 25km – Start from Unity Christian School (Hack Brown & Nixon Road)
9.00am – ~1km Kids Run – Start from Chilliwack Community Forest
9.30am – 5km – Start from Chilliwack Community Forest
CUTOFF TIME for 25km: 9 hours / 4.30pm at Finish line
- Registration for the 25km run will open January 9, 2023 and will close July 5, 2022 at 11.59pm. This event will be capped at 200 participants.
- Registration for the 5km and kids run will open March 1, 2023.
- There will be no race day registration.
- Registration includes the following:
- Souvenir finishing medal (25km)
- Souvenir race garment (25km)
- Souvenir race item (5km)
- Race bib
- Individual timing
- Participant insurance
- On-site first aid
- Safe, secure course with approved event permitting
- Yummy treats and energy at each of the aid stations!
- We don’t want anyone to be left out due to financial concerns. If you wish to participate but face a financial barrier to doing so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work something out. If you’d like to contribute to our financial assistance program, please email us at email@example.com.
- Friday July 7, 2023 – Time TBD – Garrison Running Co., Market Way, Chilliwack
- Saturday, July 8 – at race start line:
- 25km: 6.30am – 7.15am at Start line – Unity Christian School parking lot
- 5km: 8.00am – 8.45am at Unity Christian School parking lot
Only the registered runner will be able to pick up their race package. Please bring ID with you. No exceptions.
In an effort to produce zero waste events, please note that there will be no bags given at package pick-up. You are welcome to bring one along with you.
The Kids Run is approximately 1km in length following Pi:txel and Spotlem trails. Kids of all ages are invited to participate. It’s a non-competitive fun run for little feet. It’s not timed, but each participant will receive a finisher medal to take home.
- A comprehensive runners guide will be provided to all participants prior to race day.
- There will be NO crew or pacers allowed on course.
- Poles WILL be allowed for the 25km event, but only after entering the trails after the 2km road section. This is to allow the group to spread out enough to safely use poles.
- The 25km course is a steep and physically and mentally demanding single track backcountry course. You should have experience in distance backcountry trail running and be prepared for the unexpected. You will be asked to confirm during registration that you have completed at least one previous trail race of at least 15km or greater.
- There is no mandatory gear for the race, but it is highly recommended that you carry at least 1-2 litres of water and refill at each aid station.
- Whether racing, training, or adventuring, it is always encouraged that everyone carry the 10 Essentials for backcountry safety with you in your pack. Its tough to predict what might happen on the trails, but as the Girl Guides say “Be Prepared!”.