As a result of the COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines this event has been postponed to July 10, 2021. Registration will open in Spring 2021.
Many thanks to all those who deferred their race entry to next year. We are overwhelmed and humbled by your support. A further thank you to all those that graciously supported local business owners through our registration to gift card transfer program and/or your donations to Chilliwack Park Society to help maintain our local trail networks!
We humbly thank you for all your support of our community and can’t wait to see you all out on the trails again soon!
New Date: Saturday, July 10, 2021
Trail Distance: 25km | 5km | Kids Run 1km
Scroll down for more details.
Epic Course – 25km
This point to point adventure starts with a short jaunt on the road to thin out the pack, but then transitions to some of the most incredible single track around! Encompassing trails through the Community Forest, Gloria, Thurston and Elk Mountain, this is an epic journey with over 2000m of elevation! Who’s ready for an awesome, adrenaline pumping trail adventure?
Short Course – 5km and 1km Kids Run
There is also a short course option (5km) for all those runners looking to check out the trail running scene for the first time, or just looking for a shorter and faster route with less climbing!!
Don’t forget to bring the kids….they will love the Three Bears 1km course!
Our race takes place on the unceded traditional territory of the Stó:lō peoples. The Stó:lō have an intrinsic relationship to the land which they refer to as S’olh Temexw (Our Sacred Land); therefore we express our gratitude and respect for the honour of recreating within this territory.
The journey is filled with peaks and valleys. Find the beauty in both.
RUN WILD. RUN FREE. RUN BEYOND.
Date: Saturday July 10, 2021
Trail Distances: 25km, 5km, 1km Kids Run
8.00am – 25km – Start from Hack Brown & Nixon Road (Unity Christian School area)
9.00am – ~1km Kids Run – Start from Chilliwack Community Forest
9.30am – 5km – start from Chilliwack Community Forest
CUTOFF TIME for 25km: 7 hours / 3pm at Finish line
- Registration will open fall 2020 (date TBD) and will close July 3, 2021 at 11.59pm.
- There will be no race day registration.
- Registration includes the following:
- Souvenir finishing medal (25km)
- Souvenir socks (who doesn’t love socks!)
- Race bib
- Individual timing
- Participant insurance
- On-site first aid
- Safe, secure course with approved event permitting.
Parking is available at no charge at the start line of the 25km on Hack Brown Road and at the Community Forest (Allen Road) for the 5km and kids run. Parking is available at the finish line at Ryder Lake Hall. Please note that parking is limited and car pooling and shuttling is strongly advised!
This is a scenic point to point adventure requiring runners to either shuttle to the start or arrange their own drop off and/or transportation. A shuttle bus will be provided for all 25km runners for a fee of $5. The bus option is available as part of the registration process or can be purchased at a later date on the registration site.
- Friday July 9, 2021 – 3.00-6.00pm Garrison Running Co., Market Way, Chilliwack
- Saturday, July 10 – at race start line:
- 25km: 7.00am – 7.45am at Start line – Hack Brown & Nixon Road
- 5km: 8.30am – 9.15am at Chilliwack Community Forest, Allen Road
Only the registered runner will be able to pick up their race package. Please bring ID with you. No exceptions.
In an effort to produce zero waste events, please note that there will be no bags given at package pick-up. You are welcome to bring one along with you.
The Kids Run is approximately 1km in length following the Three Bears Trail. Kids of all ages are invited to participate. It’s a non-competitive fun run for little feet. It’s not timed, but each participant will receive a finisher medal to take home.
- There will be NO crew or pacers allowed on course.
- Poles WILL be allowed for the 25km event, but only after passing the first aid station. This is to allow the group to spread out enough to safely use poles.
- There are no registration prerequisites, but the 25km course is a steep and demanding single track backcountry course. You should have experience in distance backcountry trail running and be prepared for the unexpected.
- There is no mandatory gear for the race, but it is highly recommended that you carry at least 1 litre of water and refill at each aid station.
- Whether racing, training, or adventuring, it is always encouraged that everyone carry the 10 Essentials for backcountry safety with you in your pack. Its tough to predict what might happen on the trails, but as the Girl Guides say “Be Prepared!”.
25K Epic Mountain Route
Click on the image to the left to link to our interactive mapping tool.