LOOP THE VEDDER 2021
We are excited to announce we are moving forward with plans for Loop the Vedder on October 30th, 2021!
We were humbled by your participation, support and feedback after an amazing physically distanced race last fall. It was an experience like no other, but as you can imagine we are looking forward to a return to a more traditional race format! We’re back on the planning wagon and are optimistic that this year’s event may bring us back together again. We look forward to once again welcoming you across the finish line and will continue to plan accordingly as we move through the next few months.
Date: Saturday, October 30th, 2021
Distance: 21km | 10km | Kids Run
Get off the road and hit the trails! This scenic loop course boasts a fast and flat gravel terrain and winding single-track sections. Set along the majestic Vedder River in Chilliwack, BC, this fantastic half marathon loop is characterized by the breathtaking backdrop of the Chilliwack River Valley and views of Vedder Mountain and the Cascade Mountain Range.
A local favourite, the Vedder Rotary Trail is sure to give road and trail runners of all ages and abilities a fun, yet challenging and uniquely rewarding off road trail experience.
The journey is filled with peaks and valleys. Find the beauty in both.
RUN WILD. RUN FREE. RUN BEYOND.
- Date: Saturday October 30, 2021
- Distances: 21km, 10km, 1km Kids Run
- Start times: 21km – 9.00am, 10km 9.30am, Kids Run 9.45am
- Start times subject to change based on health and safety guidelines at the time.
- Start/Finish area: Vedder Bridge Green Space, Corner of Petawawa Road & Vedder Road, Chilliwack.
- There will be a separate start & finish area for both the 21km & 10km distance.
- Registration will open June 30, 2021 at 7.00am PST.
- There will be no race day registration.
- Registration includes the following:
- Souvenir finishing medal
- Souvenir t-shirt
- Race bib
- Individual timing
- Participant insurance
At this time there is no pre-arranged running clinic leading up to this race. Check back soon as details evolve over the summer!
- Friday, October 29 – Time to be determined!
- Package pick-up at Garrison Running Co.- 45590 Market Way, Unit 2, Chilliwack
- There will be no race day package pick-up.
- It is expected a COVID-19 health check and waiver will be required to be provided in exchange for your race package.
- To reduce the number of people picking up packages, we will allow packages to be picked up on behalf of another runner. To pick up a package for another registered runner, you will need to provide a copy of their registration confirmation email and the completed health form.
- Health and safety guidelines will be in place, unless they change in the interim. If attending package pickup please adhere to the following:
- If you don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home.
- If you have traveled outside of Canada, you must have self-isolated for a minimum of 14 days prior to attending.
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID19, please stay home.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided, please use it.
- Comply with physical distancing measures at all time.
- Masks may be required.
Aid Stations: To reduce contact and enhance safety of runners and volunteers, it is encouraged that the route be treated as self-supported. There will be a total of three contactless emergency aid stations along the 21km route and one aid station for the 10k at the turnaround at Hopedale Road. Items at the aid stations will include water, packaged energy gels, and first aid items.
Parking: Recommended parking can be found at Vedder Park. Please allow yourself enough time to walk to the start line.
There will be a 1km Kids Fun Run starting at 9.45am. Kids will receive a race bib and souvenir medal. No registration is required.
Half Marathon Route
Starting at Vedder Park on the north side of the river, you will follow the Vedder Rotary Trail, through the Blue Heron Nature Reserve and out onto the river dyke trail, where spectacular farm land views and mountain vistas abound. Crossing the river at the Keith Wilson bridge (via the cloverleaf underpasses) takes you to the south side dyke and into the quaint riverside village of Yarrow. As you continue through single track woods along the river bank and Brown Creek Wetlands, you will come to valley views across the river of Mt Cheam and the Cascade Mountain Range. A short, but steep climb brings you back in view of Vedder Bridge and the finish line across the river.
PLEASE NOTE: The half marathon route has been amended to accommodate one-way directional routing on the trail as a result of COVID-19 guidelines. Please familiarize yourself with the route by clicking the map to the left.
From Vedder Park you head out onto the Vedder Rotary Trail at Kilometer 0. Running west along the river towards the 3k marker at Lickman Road, you will cross over onto the Peach Creek Trail. At the end of the Peach Creek section of trail you will come to the aid station and turnaround for the 10km. Follow the wooden bridge to the left back to the main Rotary Trail for your return trip to Vedder Park. You will finish the route heading back with stunning views into the Chilliwack River Valley and surrounding mountains. With the adjustment to the route this year to accommodate one way traffic along the trails, there is a small loop to complete as you approach Vedder Bridge. Head off the trail to the left for a final 400m loop around Vedder Field and into the finish line.
PLEASE NOTE: The 10K route has been amended to accommodate one-way directional routing on the trail as a result of COVID-19 guidelines. Please familiarize yourself with the route by clicking the map to the left.