Get off the road and hit the trails! This scenic loop course boasts a fast and flat gravel terrain and winding single-track sections. Set along the majestic Vedder River in Chilliwack, BC, this fantastic half marathon loop is characterized by the breathtaking backdrop of the Chilliwack River Valley and views of Vedder Mountain and the Cascade Mountain Range.
A local favourite, the Vedder Rotary Trail is sure to give road and trail runners of all ages and abilities a fun, yet challenging and uniquely rewarding off road trail experience.
Date: Saturday October 28, 2023
Registration now open!
Distance: 21km | 10km | Kids Run
Our races take place on the unceded traditional territory of the Stó:lō (Stah-lo) – People of the River – and in particular the Pelólhxw and Ts’elxwéyeqw tribes. The Stó:lō have an intrinsic relationship to the land, their ancestral home and spiritual realm, they refer to as S’olh Temexw (Our Sacred Land, Our world). As visitors on these lands, we express our immense gratitude and respect for the honour of recreating within this territory and acknowledge our responsibility to ensure the well-being of the lands, waters, lifeforces, and relationships held within.
Thanks for putting on such a great race once again, especially during these times. Well done!
What a beautiful day for a run!! My body was happy I only did the 10km, but it was amazing. Thanks to all the volunteers and staff who put this on. It was very safe as we all social distanced and there were no concerns.
This was really well organized, friendly, fun, and SAFE!! Thank you so much for figuring out such a great system. Side benefit for night owls like me was the afternoon start time!
It was a great day! Thank you so much for providing such a wonderful race with all the safety protocols in place. And the weather was PERFECT!
This was a fantastically well run, safe event, thank you so much for putting in all of the effort and giving us the opportunity to run! What a beautiful place to have a race and the volunteers were amazing!
- There will be no race day registration.
- Registration includes the following:
- Souvenir finishing medal
- Souvenir t-shirt
- Race bib
- Individual timing
- Participant insurance
- On-site first aid
- Yummy aid station and finish line treats
- Minimum $5/registration contribution to Chilliwack Park Society
- If you register by September 30th, you are guaranteed a race shirt. Please ensure to select appropriate size during registration. We do order some extras, but there’s no guarantee on sizing or availability for registrations after September 30.
- If you do not wish to receive a race shirt with your entry, you may chose to donate the cost to our partner community organization during registration.
- We don’t want anyone to be left out due to financial concerns. If you wish to participate but face a financial barrier to doing so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tap into our ‘Support-a-Runner’ program. If you’d like to contribute to our ‘Support-a-Runner’ program, please email us at email@example.com.
- Date: Saturday October 28, 2023
- Distances: 21km, 10km, 1km Kids Run
- Start times: 21km – 9.00am, 10km 9.30am, Kids Run 9.45am
- Start/Finish area: Vedder Bridge Green Space, Corner of Petawawa Road & Vedder Road, Chilliwack.
- Recommended parking can be found at Vedder Park in the paved lot or the extension gravel lot on the West side of Vedder Park.
- Overflow parking is available at the UFV parking lot accessed from Vimy Avenue. NOTE: UFV parking is pay parking.
- Please allow yourself enough time to walk to the start line.
- Friday, October 27 – Time TBD.
- Package pick-up at Garrison Running Co.- 45590 Market Way, Unit 2, Chilliwack
- Saturday October 28 – 21km: 7.45-8.45am, 10km: 8:15-9:15am
- Race day package pick up will be available, but we ask that anyone local who is able to pick up their package on Friday – PLEASE DO SO.
- You will need photo ID to pick up your race bib.
- You are permitted to pick up race bibs for other participants provided you are in the event yourself and are picking up your race bib at the same time. To pick-up another runner’s race package, please have their full name and copy of their ID.
- Having another person use your bib in the event without formally transferring the registration is strictly prohibited. This act may seem good intentioned but has many negative implications to the organizers and participants including liability, timing, results, awards and many other factors. Race bibs will only be given out to those who have registered for the event. If a registrant gives away their race bib to another participant, they will not be allowed to participate in future events.
- There will be a total of three aid stations along the 21km route and one aid station for the 10k at the turnaround.
- Items at the aid stations will include:
- packaged energy gels and/or other packaged energy;
- snacks & treats;
- first aid items.
There will be a 1km Kids Fun Run starting at 9.45am. Kids will receive a race bib and souvenir medal. No registration is required.
Half Marathon Route
Starting at Vedder Park on the north side of the river, a pacer will lead you around approximately a 700m loop to the Vedder Rotary Trail. Once on the trail head you will travel north along the Vedder River through to the Blue Heron Nature Reserve and out onto the river dyke trail, where spectacular farm land views and mountain vistas abound. Crossing the river at the Keith Wilson bridge (via the cloverleaf underpasses) takes you to the south side dyke and into the quaint riverside village of Yarrow. As you continue through single track woods along the river bank and Brown Creek Wetlands, you will come to valley views across the river of Mt Cheam and the Cascade Mountain Range. A short, but steep climb brings you back in view of Vedder Bridge and the finish line across the river.
From Vedder Park, a pacer will lead you around the approximately 700m field loop and out onto the Vedder Rotary Trail. Running west along the river towards the 3k marker at Lickman Road, you will continue on the main Vedder trail through to the aid station after the wooden bridge at Peach Creek Trail. This is where the 10k and half marathon route split.
Volunteers will direct you back along the Peach Creek section of trail. You will cross back to the main Rotary Trail after Lickman Road (parking lot) for your return trip to Vedder Park. You will finish the route heading back with stunning views into the Chilliwack River Valley and surrounding mountains. At Vedder bridge, head off the trail to the left for the direct approach to the finish line.